Thursday, April 5, 2012

Nature's Cure Acne Treatment (Tablets and Cream)

For those of you who know me personally, you know that once a month I tend to breakout - horribly.  And these are no "normal" breakouts; I get terrible cystic acne along my jawline.  It's incredibly painful and it lasts for weeks.  It starts about a week before my "aunt" visits, it stays for the duration of "her" visit, and it doesn't go away until about a week after "she" has left.  So... THREE weeks with a broke out face, and ONE week of near-clarity.  That's an appalling ratio!  I had very mild acne as a teenager, but after Emmy was born, my skin just became a mess.  I have tried more acne products than I can count on both hands, and I was getting fed up and desperate.


A friend of mine recommended that I try Nature's Cure Two-Part Acne Treatment System (for Women).  I have to say, it worked tremendously for me - in the beginning.  After only 3 days of taking the tablets, my face was smoothing out considerably (acne marking/scarring still remained and needed additional products to treat, but that's to be expected).  The cream that comes with this kit is your standard benzoyl peroxide (5%) cream and does what all the other ones do - dries existing pimples out.  It should be noted that the cream does nothing for cystic acne, because that acne is too deep under the skin. 

On the third day of taking the tablets, I noticed a red rash developing across my clavicle (right under my neck).  I really wanted the rash to have a different origin, because the pills were working phenomenally.  I continued taking the pills and the rash continued to spread - downward.  I stopped taking the pills, almost hoping that the rash would get worse (or at least remain) so I could know that the pills weren't causing it.  The rash went away after a few days of not taking the pills.  Once my acne flared-up again, I resumed the pills.  The rash came back after 2 days this time.  I thought I was having an allergic reaction, and it resulted in me doing a bit more research on this product.  I found out that one of the active ingredients is "candida albicans," in layman's terms... yeast.  After further research, I discovered that an abundance of yeast in your system can actually cause a rosacea-like rash in individuals who are sensitive.  :(

I have since moved on to other products, but I may try the men's formula in the future.  According to the website, either formula can be taken by any sex (as per their FAQs page).  The men's formula does not contain yeast.  The differences between the two formulas is 3 ingredients.  The men's formula has omitted the (1) yeast, (2) potassium bromide, and (3) frost weed and replaced them with (1) marigold, (2) golden seal, and (3) wild licorice.

I did not get the results I wanted with Nature's Cure, but I'm not ready to close the door on them just yet.  After all, the tablets did do their job initially.  They still have a 3-part facial cleansing system (similar to other 3-part anti-acne systems), the men's formula tablets, and a 2-part cleansing system.  With the additional products that they offer, I'm not ready to write them off.  And I'm not completely at a loss.  If nothing else, this ordeal has taught me to be extra-mindful of products that I put into my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment